Homeowners across the country have been catching onto a new form of remodeling called decorative concrete. No more are the days where only plain concrete ideas are available. Decorative concrete comes in the form of Stamped Concrete, Decorative Overlay, Spray Deck, Euro Tile, and Epoxy Coatings . Going with this type of concrete provides the homeowner with a plethora of amazing designs. It does not matter what type of home you have or even the size of it, decorative concrete will work just about anywhere. Choosing the right type is up to you and your contractor.
Here is a list of Decorative Concrete Ideas:
1. Stamped Concrete : This type of concrete's main feature is that it looks like imprinted concrete and is very durable. Homeowners are particularly attracted to this type of concrete because it can help reproduce whatever look they are trying to achieve. Examples of this are stone, brick, flagstone, slate, cobblestone, and many other patterns. Since it has the ability to look like other building materials, it makes the cost less expensive than the original. It can be used in many common places such as the driveway, patio, pool deck, walkway, and entryway. What makes this different from the other concretes? It has a three step procedure that includes adding a base color, an accent color, and then stamping a pattern directly into the concrete. In the end, a homeowner can't go wrong with stamped concrete.
2. Decorative Overlay: This type of concrete's main feature is that it helps give your old concrete and new, fresh look or as some would call it, a face lift. Many old concrete areas may contain marking of the surface and / or breaks as well. In years past, the concrete had to be removed and replaced with new concrete. Since the application of decorative overlay, one can now cover up the bad areas and have that new look. This is a very common concrete for homeowners as they are using it on their driveways, patios, pool decks, walkways, entryways, and sidewalks. In addition, many homeowners are using this type of concrete not only outside, but also in their homes. A super benefit of using decorative overlay is that there is an endless supply of designs and colors to go with. Once your concrete is installed, it will adhere well to the cracks and UV exposure will be reduced. People love this because it is cool to walk on; a bonus especially at the pool area. So as you can see, decorative overlay is providing the homeowner with a lot of choices for remodeling these days.
3. Euro Tile: This type of concrete is an acrylic product that can be used with great plasticity and used on any inside or outside area. It is exceedingly durable and tough; Thus it is a great choice for patios, pool areas, and driveways.
4. Spray Deck: This type of concrete is a master at covering up aged concrete. It has the ability to add a rich textured surface to your concrete. Many people like this because it is non-skid, provide a cool surface for walking on, mold-mildew resistant, strong, and low maintenance. This is generally used for walkways, driveways, patios, and pool areas.
5. Epoxy Coatings: This type of concrete has long-lasting coatings that can be used for a variety of floor purposes. These coatings are tremendously tough and strong. Homeowners frequently use this for their garage floors.
In conclusion, with the different types of decorative concrete, the homeowner should be able to find the one that works best for their situation.