In today's world of home remodeling, one product really can help make an aesthetical difference. That product is none other than the paver. They can be used to beautify any outdoor or indoor living area; This includes driveways, patio deck, pool decks, walkways, sidewalks, and entryways. Also, retaining walls are a common place as well. Stone and concrete brick paving products can transform any landscape into a beautiful piece of work. Let's dive into some of the more common used pavers today:
1. Travertine Pavers: This type of paver resides to a larger family of stone called limestone or also called calcium carbonate. Marble is also a form of limestone that has had additional heat and pressure applied to it by the earth's crust. Travertine is created by minerals liquefy in ground water and then being deposited on the earth's surface by natural springs, rivers or geysers. Travertine pavers can be purchased in many different colors including beige, ivory, walnut, noce, and gold. Iron compounds or other types of impurities of an organic nature are what give the travertine its color. If aesthetics are the main goal for the homeowner, then one must really look at going with travertine pavers.
2. Concrete Pavers : This type of paver over the years has been the paver of choice. Why you may ask? Well, just about everyone from the homeowner to the professional contractor finds their many benefits to be a plus. What is the main attraction? The durability that they provide is at the top of the list. A great place to utilize these is the driveway due to the fact that they can handle a lot of weight. What else provides the attraction? They stand up great in different weather. They don't crack due to they expand and contract. Here is another great benefit. They are easy to repair. If one needs to be fixed, all that needs to be done is to put it in the area of need. Also, they are great for around the swimming pool due to the fact that they are skid resistant. This comes in very helpful when walking around barefoot by the pool. Finally, taking care of them is pretty easy. Pressing washing intermittently will keep them clean and give you that great look for years to come.
3. Stone Pavers : This type of paver will give spectacular beauty when decorating your residential place. Stone pavers are comprised of premium natural stones that are extremely durable; Thus providing protection against excessive weight. Weather a problem? Not with these. They also have history by their side. They have been used for a millennium. Such an example is the old roads throughout Europe or Asia. Common types of stone pavers are Granite, Marble, Bluestone, and Porphyry. Marble paver are commonly used for the patio deck, fireplaces, and bathrooms. Granite pavers are commonly used for the patio deck, pool deck, driveway, and walkway . Bluestone pavers are a common idea for gardens. Finally, Porphyry pavers are used for walkway mostly.
4. Cobblestone Pavers : This type of paver provides a variety of shapes to go with for the job. This is their big attraction. For example, they can be a square shape to an octagon shape. They can commonly be found used for patio decks, walkways, balconies, courtyards, pool decks, and pathways.
5. Flagstone Pavers : This type of paver is used for both residential and commercial jobs. This is because of their variety of textures, patterns, colors, finishes, and shapes. In a nutshell, they are thin, stout slabs of stone. For residential applications, they are used for pool decks, patio decks, and walkways.
In conclusion, as you can see, there is a paver out there for just about every need.